Safety Checks Stopped
|Number of defects on Qantas aircraft likely to have gone undetected since 14th June 2012 when Aircraft Engineers were ordered by Fair Work Australia not to carry out safety checks prior to flights.|
What Management destroyed
- Created on Thursday, 04 September 2014 15:28
- Last Updated on Friday, 12 September 2014 08:46
2014 RAAA National Convention Program
The 2014 RAAA National Convention speakers program, featuring an impressive list of high profile industry leaders, is now available on line at www.raaa.com.au/convention/program.html
The Convention is being held at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley from Wednesday 8 October to Friday 10 October 2014 and is a must for anyone involved in the aviation industry.
- Created on Tuesday, 05 August 2014 14:15
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 August 2014 12:48
MAINTENANCE MANAGER PERTH
Singapore Airlines Ltd is offering a rare opportunity for a suitable candidate to join our team in the position of Maintenance Manager, based in our Perth Airport Office.
Applicants for the role should have:
- An ICAO Type 2 aircraft maintenance license, with at least 5 years aviation experience as a Licenced Aircraft Engineer,
- preferably on an aircraft type operated by Singapore Airlines Ltd in a line maintenance environment. A good knowledge
- of Singapore Air Navigation Order, Singapore Airworthiness Requirements, and Quality Systems Requirements. A strong
- technical knowledge and the ability to work under time pressure. A high level of self reliance, adaptability and
- resourcefulness. An ability to manage relationships effectively with internal and external stakeholders. A thorough
- understanding of work health and safety requirements. Familiarity with preparing and managing operating budgets is ideal.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and should be forwarded by Friday 15 August 2014 to Mr. Kieran O’Toole, Manager Human Resources/Admin SWP, via: Aimee_Christie@singaporeair.com.sg
Please note: Only suitable candidates will be accorded an interview.
- Created on Thursday, 31 July 2014 11:28
- Last Updated on Thursday, 07 August 2014 15:10
Aviation Australia has numerous positions available for Instructor - Aviation in Brisbane.
The position of Instructor is responsible for the competent delivery of their relevant stream subjects offered within the scope of Aviation Australia’s approval as a registered training organisation and Part 147 organisation, plus additional stand alone courses relevant to the appointee’s history of employment. The Instructor is also expected to participate in the delivery of specialist subjects relevant to their stream which are embedded within other stream courses.
View more information by downloading the appended PDF file.
Applications must be made via the SEEK job website.
- Created on Thursday, 07 August 2014 15:01
- Last Updated on Thursday, 07 August 2014 15:11
A Call for Volunteers
The Australian International Airshow 2015 is calling for volunteers.
About 800 people are required for the running of the Avalon-based event.
Volunteers carry out a wide range of important duties, including aircraft and ground operations, car park supervision and media liaison. All applicants should be at least 18 years old.
Airshow CEO Ian Honnery said previous aviation experience is not essential but a willingness to learn is.
"Airshow volunteers have ultimate access to the event and the opportunity to play an important part in its success," he said. Mr Honnery said Airshow volunteers will have a key role in a special tribute to the heroes of military aviation.
- Created on Monday, 21 July 2014 12:41
- Last Updated on Monday, 21 July 2014 13:12
40% Discount for ALAEA Members
JFSM is a flight simulation centre with the latest state of the art replica flight simulator based on a Boeing 737-800 NG.
Experience the thrill of aerial manoeuvres at 300 knots and feel what it's like to take the controls of a commercial 737_800NG Jet Airliner.
Guests are invited to relax and watch all the aerial action in the Simulatior room behind the Pilot. Pilots have in-flight instruction provided to ensure a challenging aviation-themed adventure that you won't forget.
Your flight will be conducted with an experienced instructor by your side to verbally guide you through your successful flight. Your instructor will also act as your First Officer so you can fill the role of Captain and become pilot in command thus truly recreating a genuine multi crew operations flight deck to ensure you get an amazing and realistic experience that will remain deep in your memories for years to come.
To ensure maximum enjoyment you can choose from over 22,000 airports and you can even choose the simulations time of day that you want to fly including weather conditions ranging from clear sunny skies to thunderstorms, heavy rain and snow.
Do not delay in experiencing your flying lesson of a lifetime in the safety and comfort of the Flight Simulator environment.
Bookings are absolutely essential.
Contact: Dee Middleton | Email: email@example.com | Phone: 1300 JET FLIGHT
Address: Shop 5, 386-388 Keilor Rd. Niddrie Vic. 3042
DISCLAIMER** JFSM would like to inform their customers, that while the Jet Flight Simulator closely resembles a Boeing 737 aircraft it is not, and should not be referred to as one. The Boeing Aircraft Company of Seattle owns the trade marks "Boeing" and "737". This simulator is not endorsed by Boeing.